Ja Rule Denied Entry to UK, Tour Faces Cancellation


US rapper Ja Rule, real name Jeffrey Bruce Atkins Sr, has been left devastated after being denied entry into the UK just days before the start of his Sunrise tour. The 47-year-old was scheduled to kick off his tour at the Utilita Arena in Cardiff on Friday, March 1, with concerts also planned in London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leeds, and Liverpool.


Expressing his disappointment on social media, Ja Rule wrote, "I’m so devastated. I can’t believe the UK won’t let me in. I’ve spent a half million dollars of my own money to put this tour together only to be denied entry DAYS before my shows. This is not fair to me or my fans, these venues are 85 per cent sold and now I can’t come…"


The UK is known for its strict entry restrictions, particularly for individuals with criminal records. Ja Rule served two years in prison on gun and tax evasion charges, being released in May 2013. The Home Office can refuse entry to individuals who have previously been convicted of a criminal offence punishable by at least 12 months imprisonment, according to Unlock, a charity assisting people with criminal records.


Ja Rule also assured fans that refunds would be available for the canceled shows.





No comments:

Post a Comment