Xavi Hernandez to Remain as FC Barcelona Coach

 


FC Barcelona president Joan Laporta announced at a press conference that Xavi Hernandez will continue as the club's coach. Xavi cited the "hope, enthusiasm, and faith" of the board, sports area, coaching staff, and players as key reasons for his decision to stay. Despite previously announcing his resignation in January, Xavi has reversed course, stating, "There are several reasons, but the main one was to ensure the stability of the club and to continue building a winning team."


Xavi explained, "My original decision was the right one at the time because we needed a change of course. But the situation is different now. I feel strong enough to continue building this project." He expressed confidence in the team's potential, saying, "We may not have achieved the trophy-winning targets that we set for this season, but there is hope for next season, and I think we are very close to achieving big things."


He credited the players and fans for influencing his decision, stating, "The players believe in me, and they have expressed to me their complicity and support, they persuaded me to change my mind. The fans also encouraged me, and that also led me to reappraise my thoughts. I thank them for all their support and love."

No comments:

Post a Comment