Lizzo Announces Retirement from Music Industry at 35



In a surprising move, Lizzo announced her departure from the music industry in a post on Instagram on Friday, March 29. The 35-year-old singer expressed her exhaustion with constant criticism, particularly regarding her appearance.


Lizzo wrote, "I'm getting tired of putting up with being dragged by everyone in my life and on the internet." She added, "All I want is to make music and make people happy and help the world be a little better than how I found it. But I'm starting to feel like the world doesn't want me in it."


She further stated, "I'm constantly up against lies being told about me for clout & views... being the butt of the joke every single time because of how I look. My character being picked apart by people who don't know me and disrespecting my name. I didn't sign up for this s**t. I quit."


The announcement comes after a period of relative quiet from Lizzo, following allegations last year that she sexually harassed her backup dancers. She made her first public appearance since then at the Grammy Awards last month, where she presented the award for Best R&B Song to SZA.


Lizzo has faced legal issues as well, with some of her backup dancers suing her for creating a hostile work environment and sexual harassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment