Former Benue Governor Ortom Calls on Kogi Governor Bello to Face EFCC Charges


Former Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom has urged his Kogi State counterpart, Yahaya Bello, to come out of hiding and address the allegations against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).


Ortom made this call during a thanksgiving service organized by his aides to celebrate his 63rd birthday at the Redeemed Church in Makurdi on Sunday, April 29.


Addressing Governor Bello, Ortom said, "I want to use this opportunity to advise my younger brother and friend, Governor Yahaya Bello, not to disgrace former governors. You don’t need to hide; you don’t need to resist arrest or anything. Go there and respond. EFCC are human beings. If they are making inquiries, the laws are there. I have tried to get him on the phone, but I could not; I have tried those around him, but I could not, so I want this to be noted. So wherever he is, if he can hear me, thank God the press is here, he should come out."


Ortom's statement comes amid allegations and investigations by the EFCC against Governor Bello.

No comments:

Post a Comment