Sydney Sweeney's On-Set Mishap Halts Filming for Madame Web

 


Sydney Sweeney, known for her role in Euphoria, recently shared an on-set mishap that caused a temporary halt in filming for the movie Madame Web. Sweeney plays Julia Carpenter, a character protected by the superhero Cassandra Web, portrayed by Dakota Johnson, in the Marvel film released on Valentine’s Day.


The incident occurred due to a problem with Sweeney's wig, which she wore for her role. The strawberry-blonde hairpiece caused her to overheat and eventually vomit on one of the hottest days of the year while filming in Boston.


In an interview with Cosmopolitan UK, Sweeney described the uncomfortable situation, stating, “I had a wig so it was a whole other process. You have to wrap the wig, then glue the wig down, then style the wig. And that wig was so hot we were filming in Boston in the middle of the summer.”


She continued, “It was one of the hottest days and we were in the middle of filming and I go, ‘One second’, and I turn around and I just started throwing up and then I turn back and I go ‘we’re all good we can keep going’. I was overheating, my body was shutting down, but I was great. The wig added a lot of interesting elements.”


Madame Web, based on characters from Marvel’s Spider-Man universe, follows Dakota Johnson's character, who starts having visions of the future and uses her psychic abilities to protect three young women, including Sweeney's character Julia, along with Mattie Franklin (Celeste O’Connor) and Anya Corazon (Isabela Merced).


Apart from Johnson and Sweeney, the film also features Tahar Rahim from The Serpent and Adam Scott from Parks and Recreation, rumored to be playing Peter Parker’s “Uncle Ben”.




No comments:

Post a Comment