Dele Alli Aims for 2026 World Cup Return Amidst Injury Setbacks

 


Dele Alli has expressed his eagerness to participate in the 2026 World Cup with England. The Everton midfielder has been sidelined due to hip and groin injuries, limiting his appearances for The Toffees. However, the 28-year-old remains optimistic, stating, "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel," as he targets a return to action.


Dele Alli, who last played competitively during a brief loan stint with Turkish club Besiktas, has not featured for Everton since their 2-1 Premier League loss to Aston Villa in August 2022. Despite his injury setbacks, Alli has set his sights on the 2026 World Cup and believes in his ability to perform at the highest level.


"I have a reminder on my phone every single day at 11 o'clock - World Cup 2026," he revealed in an interview with Sky Sports. Despite his prolonged absence from the pitch, Alli remains confident in his abilities, stating, "People will be like 'he hasn't played in a year' but that's my aim. I know where my level is."


Joining Everton from Tottenham Hotspur in January 2022, Alli played a crucial role in helping Everton avoid relegation in the 2021-2022 season. However, injuries and mental health challenges have posed significant obstacles for the midfielder.


"I have had to be patient, and it has been a long journey with the injury, a lot of ups and downs," Alli said. Despite the challenges, he expressed gratitude for Everton's support during his recovery process. "It has helped me grow even more as a person. To have those opportunities to grow myself, the pain of the injury is something I can channel when I am back."


With his contract with Everton set to expire this summer, Alli remains focused on his recovery and returning to peak condition. "The only target I have is the World Cup," he added. "I’m injured right now. I’m signed to Everton. My mindset is to take it day by day, make sure my injury heals right and that I am in the best possible condition for the summer. I don’t want to rush it."








No comments:

Post a Comment