Controversy Surrounding Elsa Majimbo's Allegations Against Naomi Campbell

 



Kenyan comedian Elsa Majimbo has sparked controversy by making allegations against British model and actress Naomi Campbell, with whom she had a close friendship.

Elsa took to social media to release an eight-minute video in which she claimed Campbell pushed her into drinking and sadness after being disappointed in her actions.


The comedian alleged that she and Campbell first met in 2020, when the supermodel visited Kenya. They decided to go on holiday together after Elsa texted her.


According to Elsa, she was once in a strong relationship with Campbell and had plans for projects together. However, their friendship soured when Naomi unexpectedly called and threatened her with a lawsuit for filming a documentary without her consent.


Elsa stated that while on vacation with Campbell, they discussed filming a documentary about her, with Naomi serving as the financier and counselor. However, when Elsa aired her own documentary instead, Campbell was outraged, leading to their feud.


Elsa also claimed that Campbell told her friends she made her, something Elsa disagreed with. She acknowledged that her affiliation with the supermodel provided her with enormous prestige and helped her rise in the entertainment industry.


Majimbo explained her reasons for speaking out, saying, "Talking about the Naomi Campbell situation is very hard and scary for me. But I don’t want to be owned by someone else, and I want to acknowledge that a lot of big hits and blows in my career came from another black woman and not my own incompetence."


She added, "I will say that Naomi did give me a lot of credibility, especially when I first came into Hollywood. She made me feel special and did a lot of things for me, so I wouldn’t say she made me. But she did play a big role in a lot of things. We’re not friends, we’re not enemies, we’re not anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment